Logo Logo

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Yeah, it's the moon again... But Better!

The weather finally broke last night long enough for me to get a good shot of the moon using my new 1.4x teleconverter and my 500mm Reflex. I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised! Teleconverters usually fog detail just a little, but in this case, I got a lot more detail out of the surface of the moon. You can see an incredible number of craters, and they are pretty well defined! I tried my new Minolta 100-400 APO out also, but it didn't compare to the 500 reflex for this kind of work. Hopefully, I'll be able to get up to my parent's house sometime soon to use the T-Mount adapter my father bought me for his Meade 10" telescope. Remember, you can always click on the pictures to see a larger version!



No comments: