Logo Logo

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The Impossible Child

Here are a couple shots of my daughter Lilly for her 2nd birthday invitations. Now Lilly, for anyone who does not know, is a tomboy running at 120% full throttle all day long. She absolutely cannot be bothered by trivial things such as getting dressed or brushing her hair, much less a photo shoot. She is easily the 2nd most difficult subject I have tried to shoot, right behind a bumble bee in flight on a cloudy day. The first shot here is the only one I got of her with her hat and dress on, and I got it before I was finished positioning the flash heads. The second shot I ended up having to slouch down in a bag chair and let her come to me. I let her stand on my feet and I'd bounce her up and down some, then snap a shot, bounce and snap, repeat... For how difficult she can be, I thought they turned out fairly well.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is quite the adorable child : )